Tronic Automatic Fish Feeder Review

Bertie's review of Tronic Automatic Fish Feeder

“How will you ensure your aquarium fish are fed when...”

Written on: 28/02/2006 by Bertie (27 reviews written)

Easy to program.
Battery operated.
Cheap, but most definitely not nasty.

None.

General Comments
How will you ensure your aquarium fish are fed when you are away from home?

Your problems are over with Tronic indispensable automatic fish feeder which cost me £3,99 at Lidl. Measuring 5 x 3 x 3 inches overall and powered by two AA batteries, this device can be programmed for two feeds a day at any chosen time.

Food, either flake or granule, is loaded into a rotating compartment which has a clear plastic cover and will hold three heaped tablespoons of food. It has a clear plastic cover with level markings and the dispensed food quantity can be regulated by a slider control.

Made from a semi-matt black plastic, it sits atop the aquarium cover where a hole will be required to allow the food access. Uncovered aquariums will obviously require a purpose-made temporary cover or a suitable platform. The device has a hole in the bottom which engages a peg which is stuck to the cover with the supplied double-sided self-adhesive strip so is easily detatched for filling with your chosen fish food. The peg is not strictly necessary as the base of the feeder is flat and so sits quite securely there being no movement when the food compartment rotates.

My feeder has been operating faultlessly for almost a month and both of the two supplied alkaline batteries still have not dropped to 1.3 volts so I would think it would take quite a few weeks to exhaust the batteries. It would be wise to use only good quality ones such as Duracell.

Comes with full instructions in umpteen languages, a length of double-sided self-adhesive tape and two good quality alkaline batteries.

Nomers's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 25/01/2007

Hi. I have already got a Tronic Automatic fish feeder, but I've lost the instructions to set it, so would be grateful for help on how I do this.
<br>
<br>Many thanx.

Jonnekke's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 03/10/2013

Can you help me i don't have the intructions?

Jonnekke's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 03/10/2013

Can you help me i don't have the intructions?

Divebaba's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 08/03/2009

HI - I AM ALSO IN NEED OF THE INSTRUCTION SHEET FOR THIS UNIT- CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE
<br/>THANKS

Car21Milton's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 10/01/2009

How long will the food last? I'm going on a 2 week holiday and my trusty next door neighbour is also away. I have cichlids which will need feeding twice a day. Will this hold enough food for 2 weeks @ 2 feeding times per day? If not any recommendations of what I could purchase.<br/>Thanks,<br/>Bob.

Jakebruno55's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 27/05/2008

ive joined the clan, I have one of these with but no insructions - could you oblige? thanks

357890_Bluenosebuck's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 09/04/2008

Hi Bertie i have also got a tronic fish feeder with no instructions could you email me the instruction too? best regards.

Si4's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 05/10/2007

I bought the Tronic Automatic Fish Feeder in France whilst on holiday, thinking that there would be English instructions - however there isn't. Can anyone please tell me or send me a copy of the working instructions?
<br/>Many thanks - Harlequin

Carol Watts's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 04/08/2007

Hello
<br/>I have got the Tronic Automatic Fish Feeder, but there are no instructions with it! Can you explain how to use it? I have tried it, but it rotates when I press it manually, but I want to know if the red light should stay on all the while, or what to do if I want to feed the fish twice a day. Please help if can, as I am going away on holiday, and I need to get it sorted.
<br/>Thanks

Armywil's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 24/07/2007

Bertie, can you send me the instructions for using the Tronic Automatic Fish Feeder? I recently changed home and I lost the little manual... Thank you! If you would like my email address, so that we can make contact and exchange addresses, please let me know, and I will leave my email address on the Review Centre forum.

Bertie's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 26/01/2007

nomers...If you can leave your email address on the Review Centre forum, I'll send the necessary.
<br/>Bertie.