Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover Review

Pbp's review of Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover

“I recently purchased a product called X-Tex to remove...”

Written on: 28/02/2006 by Pbp (2 reviews written)

Ease of use. No fumes or skin burns

none

General Comments
I recently purchased a product called X-Tex to remove my awful artex on the walls of my house. I found this product online and am amazed it is not in the big diy stores. I brushed it on and left it over night. The next day came in and scraped it all off with ease. It says that it keeps the artex wet or damp at all times in case it contains asbestos (pre 1985).

Helen Of Troy's Response to Pbp's Review

Written on: 31/08/2006

Thanks for that info, it is something we will be looking into soon. Not sure if this is artex or polyripple but some bright spark put it all over the lounge walls and the hall, stairs and landing in our house! Before we bought it of course. We have only been able to paint over it so there's a few layers of paint to come off with it too! I agree, we have found nothing to remove it in any DIY store. Tried sanding a bit of it once. What a mess! Gave that up! If anyone else reading this knows of a DIY store selling anything like this to remove the horrible stuff, Please let us know?!

Pbp's Response to Pbp's Review

Written on: 04/09/2006

Hi Helen. Yes this X-Tex product will remove any type of textured coating. It is not available in any of the big stores and to be honest all other textured coating removers I have come accross have nasties in them. If you type in X-Tex into Goolge you will bring up a few e-retailers that you can buy it from..Good Luck...