Toshiba 32ZP18 Review

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

v3nkman.'s review of Toshiba 32ZP18

Toshiba 32ZP18

“I bought the 32ZP18 earlier this week and have already...”

Written on: 15/03/2003 by v3nkman. (1 review written)

Picture Quality
Build

HUMMING from the back of the set

General Comments
I bought the 32ZP18 earlier this week and have already been on to Toshiba and the service engineers about the 'noticeable' humming generated from somewhere in the back of the television.

Even when the sound is quite high you can still hear it - not what you'd expect from a set which costs over a thousand pounds. People who have televisions from Sony/Philips have all said that they don't have the same problem, and more often than not they have 100hz widescreens too.

The service engineer told me that this noise is natural and then tried to blind me with jargon and the various reasons why this noise occurs. I was told that it is something to do with the coils in the back of the machine turning/vibrating... the guy then went on to mention something about degaussing - after that I switched off. He then claimed that this noise should stop after a couple of weeks, that these coils need time to settle down.

I am dubious, but he did tell me to call back in a week or so if this was still happening.

I'm not happy.

83274_Max.'s Response to v3nkman.'s Review

Written on: 26/03/2003

I have owned a Toshiba 36ZP18 set for over a year. Have had the same "humming" issue. After taking delivery of the set about a year ago, called out an engineer about the "humming". Engineer mentioned :- "Coils / Laquer" etc. If it makes you feel any better, its not a picture degrading fault. To be honest you do get used to it. I've found the set to be an astonishing performer, particularly if paired with a decent DVD player and hooked up using the EXT4 - Component Video Input with "IXOS 1703" cable.