Sharp GX10 Review

• Reception

• Style

Sasha.'s review of Sharp GX10

Sharp GX10

“I got this phone for £70 on upgrade and really wasn't...”

Written on: 15/03/2003 by Sasha. (1 review written)

It's a user-friendly phone, very attractive, has a great color screen, good battery life and an incredible camera. its fun!

There are no task reminders, VERY annoying! also, the lack of USB makes it very expensive to transfer pictures to your computer, and it is not possible to download wallpapers etc from your computer to your phone.

General Comments
I got this phone for £70 on upgrade and really wasn't expecting to be overwhelmed... i actually intended to sell it for a healthy profit upon its arrival. My previous phone was the nokia 6210, heavily laden with practical features to help you through your day but not really a hell of a lot of fun to own. This is the opposite; the colours and the sounds hit you like a freight train and are far superior to anything sony-ericson or nokia can offer (although the 7210 is a very very good phone). I think the sharp gx10 should have been the perfect phone, but sadly it falls short in so many areas. Having used a 6210 for 12 months i've become accustomed to using the reminder function to alert me at times of lunch dates, seminars, tv programmes i want to see etc etc. The sharp has an alarm funtion and a calendar function, but the two are not allowed to be combined and so it becomes impossible to be reminded of anything at all by your phone. In terms of functions this is the only problem, it's a very good phone, a very good camera and a pretty good toy. However, be warned, you can only send picture messages from this phone to other vodafones, they won't allow any cross-networking, and the options to personalise your phone are limited by price. The wallpapers and ringtones built in to the phone are frankly pathetic, if you want anything good you have to pay vodafone £2.50 a time - and even then, what they offer you is pretty pathetic. My friend has a samsung t100 and he can make his own wallpapers and upload/download as many pictures as he wants at no extra cost. if you want the best camera-phone on the market and something that will turn heads, get the Sharp GX10. if you want the best (and best-priced!) phone on the market, get the Samsung T100. shame it doesn't have a camera....

• Reception

• Style

80840_Help, Im A Fish.'s Response to 80096_Sasha.'s Review

Written on: 18/03/2003

I have two contracts, 1 voda and 1 T-mobile, voda have offered me one of these as an upgrade for £70. but i hardly ever use my voda line, so my question is, do these phones come unlocked, or can i plug my T-mob sim in. if they are locked, can they be unlocked? any help appreciated. 8)

Jb450's Response to 80096_Sasha.'s Review

Written on: 12/07/2004

I have this phone and wish to transfer pictures to my pc. Unfortunately,I do not have any software to allow transfer of the data from phone to pc. I have a lead to allow me to do this.
<br>Can you help me locate software to allow me to transfer my pictures to my pc?