Bose Wave® Music System Review

• Sound Quality

jhencken's review of Bose Wave® Music System

Bose Wave® Music System

“I was absolutely horrified to find out that while...”

Written on: 25/02/2006 by jhencken (2 reviews written)

Attractive
Small footprint
Big sound

No bass-treble controls!

General Comments
I was absolutely horrified to find out that while there are all kinds of options for time, clock radio functions, and random playing of tracks, there is no bass/treble control for CD's on the Bose Wave Radio/CD micro system. Engineering varies enormously across CD's and EARS vary from one person to another. I don't like too much bass, and modern engineering over-emphasizes bass. With age I will lose some of my ability to hear the higher frequencies, and the system doesn't allow me to do what every cheap boombox on the market would permit. Deal-breaker!

• Sound Quality

Bertie's Response to jhencken's Review

Written on: 26/02/2006

jhencken.......I feel you're absolutely right about the absence of tone controls for the very reasons you've stated.
I'm lucky, as at age 72 plus I can hear 11KHz in my left ear and 9KHz in my right so obviously, some treble boost for me is necessary for best perceived sound.
And I used to be able to hear 16KHz in both ears but that was some time ago!

Smithie's Response to jhencken's Review

Written on: 25/05/2006

True, The BOSE Wave CD/Radio does not have adjustable Bass/Treble controls, however the rich all round enormous frequency this machine produces allows you to hear the range of sound, the studio sound engineer worked hard to give you. The small dimensions, which produce this level of sound quality makes this a breathtaking machine! A true vision of future sound equipment.