Fast Hosts www.fasthosts.co.uk - Pre May 2006 Review

nicktw's review of Fast Hosts www.fasthosts.co.uk - Pre May 2006

“I have been criticised by an ardent supporter of...”

Written on: 22/02/2006 by nicktw (7 reviews written)

Reliable Service
Competitive Rates
Secure Servers
24/7 Telephone Support

General Comments
I have been criticised by an ardent supporter of Streamlinenet for not writing a review of Fasthosts whilst reporting my absolute nightmare with Streamlinenet.

My site had been down for a week and I was trying to get Streamlinenet to do something. Support tickets were unanswered, there was no telephone contact, and I was beginning to despair.

I searched for alternative UK hosting companies and found Fasthosts.co.uk. I telephoned them, and within 4 minutes an account was up and running. I changed the DNS nameservers of my Domain to Fasthosts, and that was that - so I thought. A few hours later nothing had changed, so I again called their support line and was advised that Strteamlinenet had still not parked and deleted my domain from their records.

I submitted support ticket after support ticket to Streamlinenet with no result. Again I spoke to Fasthosts, and they advised me to download and fax a "Domain Name Transfer" form to them and scribble on the top - hosting. This would allow them to force a park and delete action. They also advised that in this situation they would waive the normal £10 fee. This I did, and within an hour my site was up and running.

If it wasn't for Strteamlinenets abysmal service my site would have been running even quicker, but thanks to the actual guys and young lady who spoke to me about 5 0'clock in the morning from Fasthosts, you have one very happy customer.