Tom Tom One Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Way2getthere's review of Tom Tom One

Tom Tom One

“This is my first Sat Nav system - using one in a hire...”

Written on: 21/02/2006 by Way2getthere (1 review written)

Easy to set up and use. Clear display and voice instructions.

No 'in home' charger, but car charger is provided so not really too much of an issue.
Limited space on the supplied data card

General Comments
This is my first Sat Nav system - using one in a hire car in the USA conviced me I needed one! I was very impressed with how easy the TomTom 'One' is to set up - in 5 minutes I was using it. I have a car with a heated windscreen, but the unit had no problems in rapidly finding satellites. I haven't had it for very long, but have found no problems so far. When I have deliberately driven off the route it either advises 'turn around' or very quickly re-calculates the route via the road you are on.

The supplied 128Mb data card is barely adequate. I did manage to update software to the latest standard v5.420 without having to offload anything, but checking capacity afterwards shows that 120Mb of the available 125Mb is utilised. Will this affect future upgrades? I assume that TomTom will take this into account and limit the size of upgrades.

I haven't tried using the TomTom Traffic utility which gives traffic conditions on your chosen route and requires a bluetooth and GPRS enabled mobile phone, so I cannot comment on this.