Webley Hustler Review

BomBom101's review of Webley Hustler

“Well after having a go of my friends BSA Meteor MK 6 I...”

Written on: 21/02/2006 by BomBom101 (1 review written)

Needle point
Lightweight
Cheap
Quite accurate
The tin has an advertisement of a silencer! lol :)
Good penetration

Only seem to perform good in low powered rifles

General Comments
Well after having a go of my friends BSA Meteor MK 6 I was surprised to see how well the Webley Hustler pellets performed so I decided to give them a raz ;)

I used the in my Dad's Stingray and they seemed to produce very erratic groupings.

The Stingray was 12ftlbs so I'm guessing they deteriorated when travelling down the barrel

I had a go wih my Relum Tornado and the groupings were quite good, a lot better than the webley stingray. the relum was running at 8-9ft lbs as the power has dropped quite considerably.

Then I tried them in my Solo and found the same problem as with the stingray very erratic groupings.

When I tried them in the 12 ft lbs rifles they seemed to produce roughly 3 inch grouppings at 25 yards where as when I tried them in the Relum Tornado I produced 1 inch groups.

But these pellets seemed to penetrate a lot as well which is a good feature.

From the rifles I tested these in I would say only use them in low powered rifles say 8-9 ft lbs but not over that as from then onwards they start to deteriorate.

Overall I would say yes to using these pellets as I like low powered air rifles.

But when it comes to using high powered air rifles try something like Accupels or Penetrators.

Thanks for taking time to read my review

bombom