Land of Leather www.landofleather.co.uk Review

stony61's review of Land of Leather www.landofleather.co.uk

“We bought a Leather Suite from Land of Leather, after...”

Written on: 16/02/2006 by stony61 (10 reviews written)

Plenty of choice, nice Staff.

Poor quality Furniture. Slow delivery. No after-sales support.

General Comments
We bought a Leather Suite from Land of Leather, after a while the stitching went on the seam. It took three Months for them to send an upholsterer around, he repaired the split and said the three Seater Sofa needed some attention to the centre seat which had shifted and need Leather's Insurance Company, (that's the extra cover you take out when you buy the Suite). 14 Months on we have still not had it fixed and the original stitching fault has now split again. We have threatened to sue Land of Leather and their Insurers for breach of contract.In the insurance they promise new for old if your Suite cannot be repaired, don't be fooled it means nothing. We are still fighting this one and I will update this review again depending on the result.

• Leather Suite £2500

Stony61's Response to stony61's Review

Written on: 11/09/2006

Just to update you all and to help you avoid this Store if you don't want the hassle we had, I have updated this review.
<br/>
<br/>Last Friday things came to a head with Land of Leather and with LGH Insurance who sold us a Warranty on our Leather suite. I attended a mediation meeting to try to resolve the issue without attending court. To cut a long story short LGH had to pay me £750 compensation and Land of Leather have 28 Days to repair the Suite back to new or I will have them in court.
<br/>
<br/>Please think long and hard before you purchase either a Suite of furniture from Land of Leather or a Warranty from LGH. We have had to wait for almost two years for our Suite to be repaired and had to threaten and take court action to get it done. Land of Leather might be the cheapest you can find but is it worth the hassle?
<br/>I think not........
<br/>
<br/>p.s. this is not over, Land of Leather the clock is ticking, 28 Days.