Motorola PEBL Review

• Reception

• Style

generalmarshall's review of Motorola PEBL

Motorola PEBL

“I decided to go for the Motorola PEBL as everyone was...”

Written on: 14/02/2006 by generalmarshall (5 reviews written)

Sleek, sophisticated design

Continually freezes
Flip action faulty
Dirt magnet
Non-existent keys difficult to use text
Very slow in processing

General Comments
I decided to go for the Motorola PEBL as everyone was raving about how great it was and it looked pretty damn beautiful so I thought why not! I'm now on my second brand new handset within 3 weeks and am sending it back to Orange. The first handset froze on the very first day and continued to until it either a) decided to rectify itself or b) I took the battery out and loaded it up again. As mentioned by other users, it gets so dirty! I am constantly cleaning it, trying to remove smudges and such, which drives me insane!

The camera quality is, to be fair, excellent. Though with the particular handset I've had, it's possible to take a perfect picture....but when you store it and then return to look at said perfect picture - it is distorted and therefore rubbish...not sure if this is a fault significant to all PEBL's but has occurred on both different handsets I've had.

The flip action is pretty cool, though this fails to work on my second replacement (it only opens ever so slightly and i have to push it the rest of the way) and the danger of dropping it due to the sudden change in weight distribution is pretty high!

I'm returning to Nokia because I've been put off with Motorola - I think secretly I'm a Nokia girl at heart hence I find the Motorola menu and functions rather irritating and definitely slow - it takes a while for it to catch up to what you are doing, especially when texting!

I would recommend that you definitely try this phone before you buy, it seems to me that more effort has been spent on the design rather than the features.

I wonder if it skims across water....

• Battery Life