The Body Shop Review

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Cindy Foo's review of The Body Shop

“I have visited numerous The Body Shop outlets in 6...”

Written on: 06/02/2006 by Cindy Foo (1 review written)

Good product range; Good quality products;
Systematic layout of shop, although different from one outlet to another;

Unhelpful staff
Look down on poorly dressed patrons

General Comments
I have visited numerous The Body Shop outlets in 6 countries, and the culture seemed the same, proud and high, except for one unforgetable staff: Elizabeth, the sales manager in The Curve outlet, Malaysia. She is definitely different, she even took time to give me an introduction of Anita Roddick, the founder. Although I do not dress fashionably and chic, I have the purchasing power and yet, I felt humiliated by majority of the Body Shop staff most of the time. I have to admit the products have satisfied me and it was Elizabeth who went through the whole shop with me, introducing me to all the goodies there. If it weren't for her, I would not have continued to patronize different outlets just looking for someone like her to give me the good experience again in The Body Shop. I believe if The Body Shop would hire or train more staff like Elizabeth, with an attitude of hospitality, initiative and respect for patrons, rich or poor, their business would boom.