Tom Tom One Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

rodthomas's review of Tom Tom One

Tom Tom One

“I got the Tom Tom One for Christmas and at first...”

Written on: 27/01/2006 by rodthomas (1 review written)

Pretty easy to use, good display.

Bad errors in the maps, even on main roads. Laughable support . Memory card is too small.

General Comments
I got the Tom Tom One for Christmas and at first glance it seems to do everything it needs to without being overloaded with features you'll never use. But when I downloaded the software update it didn't fit, I had to remove one of only two voices to get it in! The next update probably won't go on at all.

On the first trip down a main road to a major city it tried to divert me down a country lane which I knew was completely wrong. This turned out to be because the map was faulty. When I reported it I was basically told 'We buy the maps in, they're nothing to do with us' and 'Unfortunately we are unable to correct existing map errors'. In my view, a Sat Nav system with bad maps that they won't fix is worse than useless.

A nice product spoiled by poor quality control and non-existent support.

Karl31's Response to rodthomas's Review

Written on: 05/02/2006

ive had no problems this is the best budget sat nav out there

Rodthomas's Response to rodthomas's Review

Written on: 10/02/2006

I've had no problems with the unit, just that they won't fix map errors.