Fast Hosts www.fasthosts.co.uk - Pre May 2006 Review

AngryShopper's review of Fast Hosts www.fasthosts.co.uk - Pre May 2006

“I'm in the process of setting up a new Internet...”

Written on: 26/01/2006 by AngryShopper (21 reviews written)

Never got that far!

Apparently, they couldn't care less for people trying to purchase their services.

General Comments
I'm in the process of setting up a new Internet Merchant/sales site. Nothing fancy (and I won't mention the URL here, as I'm not on a freebie trip), but I did need some method of accepting payment via credit card and debit card. The Fasthosts Ecommerce package looked excellent. Good pricing, and seemingly a professional outfit, if you believe the website.

I had a few queries, namely about shopping cart integration etc., so I picked up the phone and called the Fasthosts sales team. All I got was a vague suggestion that I use "Actinic" end of call. I thought that this was just the usual problem of talking to a salesman rather than to a techie, so I emailed them with my questions and a request for a site that uses their service. I'm still waiting for their reply. I suspect that I might terminate of old age before it ever arrives.

Feeling that this isn't the kind of treatment a potential new client expects I've taken my business elsewhere.

Rachy120042005's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 25/06/2006

Just a quick line in some sort of defence of the Fasthost service. Yes sometimes (like now actually!) they are rubbish. My sites can be down now and again and so can theirs! This is very annoying and a few months ago I moved half of my clients over to Donhosts to compare. There really was NO comparison, their technical help was zero whereas the Fasthosts techies really do actually know what they're talking about (most of the time) All clients are now back with Fasthosts. The service isn't top class but it does seem to be the best out there for the price. Nothing seems to get close to offering the same service for the same price so for the moment I am sticking with them.