Air Arms Field .22 Review

BomBom101's review of Air Arms Field .22

“I got some Air Arms Field .22 for free with my new...”

Written on: 25/01/2006 by BomBom101 (1 review written)

16 grains ideal for 12 ft lbs rifle
Round head for ultimate acurracy
Flat back, ideal for pcps
Come lubricated
Foam padding inside tub reducing noise to next to nothing
Good penetration

None to my knowledge but a tad expensive at £6:99

General Comments
I got some Air Arms Field .22 for free with my new Logun Solo (PLEASE READ MY REVIEW) and was offered if I wanted my gun to be zeroed in with them but then that would take the fun out of it lol.

Well I had my rifle fully charged and went out to see how good they did and they still never seize to amaze me with their performance. groupings of the size of 5p at 30 yards and a number of rabbits claimed with them.

Anyway, weighing at 16 grains makes them perfectly ideal for 12 ft lbs rifle and with them being round headed they have ultimate penetration but as I have said on other pellet reviews, when it comes to hunting with pellets with high penetration, make sure they have a high rate of deforming on a hard surface like a rabbits head in order to deliver maximum kinetic energy into the quarry to get a clean kill which is what is needed.

With my Solo I needed a set of flat back pellets to get them into barrels (FLAT BACK PELLETS MAKE LOADING OF SINGLE SHOT RIFLES REALLY EASY WHEN IT COMES TO PCPS)

They come ready lubricated which is a very nice touch to these pellets.

Brand I also like the fact that the tub they come in are lined with foam to stop annoying pellet rattling.

Well these pellets definitely get my recommendation but I don't like the price tag of £6:99 and im starting to run low on them :(

Oh well can always buy some more!

Thanks for reading my review

BomBom

Accuracy's Response to 176891_BomBom101's Review

Written on: 13/01/2007

Hi,
<br/>
<br/>I suggest you try another gun shop because I go to "The Air Gun Centre" in Rayliegh, Essex, and they are only £5 pound, as opposed to your gun dealer at nearly £7.

282627_Superten Hunter's Response to 176891_BomBom101's Review

Written on: 20/03/2007

You can get air arms pellets at uttings for £5.95 for 500 pellets or ten tins for £54 good review agree they are good pellets in a lot of guns. thanks

176891_Bombom101's Response to 176891_BomBom101's Review

Written on: 26/01/2007

Thanks i will do, a fiver thats well cheap!
<br/>ATB