Toshiba 32ZP18 Review

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

Delzrx's review of Toshiba 32ZP18

Toshiba 32ZP18

“I've owned the TV for 3 1/2 years now, and I have had...”

Written on: 21/01/2006 by Delzrx (1 review written)

Picture quality/modes

Weight, although this will stop anyone from stealing it

General Comments
I've owned the TV for 3 1/2 years now, and I have had no problems up until now. Like many others on this site, I suffered the dreaded 'stuck in standby' fault. I called out a TV engineer who instantly fixed it by removing the PCB which controls the Teletext (I never use this anyway). This PCB is 65mm*85mm and has a blue connection strip on it numbered 1 to 15, not sure what the part number is, but on the reverse it says R-1786.

My TV is now working perfectly, minus Teletext, and the call out cost me £40.

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

Evanst58's Response to Delzrx's Review

Written on: 08/05/2006

I can vouch that this solution works a treat - thanks a bunch for saving me the hassle of getting that TV repairman out.

Lindypatt's Response to Delzrx's Review

Written on: 07/12/2010

We managed to find the part but tv has gone and stuck itself in standby mode again! help please!

Lindypatt's Response to Delzrx's Review

Written on: 04/12/2010

We have the same problem and we're trying to fix it. Could you please tell me whereabouts in the TV this PCB is coz its like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Pants1's Response to Delzrx's Review

Written on: 09/05/2010

I found this review very helpful because...
<br/>Absolutely spot on! thanks
<br/>My TV was not responding to the remote control, I thought something was up with the IR receiver, then after switching off the TV (model 36ZP18Q)on main switch I could no longer switch it back on, it just stays in standby.
<br/>After removing this card with numbers R-1786 on one side and PD0267 on the other, the TV now works fine minus teletext.
<br/>I have now put the card back in and is still ok, so maybe a loose connection?

Geeteese's Response to Delzrx's Review

Written on: 07/12/2008

Thanx Delzrx. A friend was getting rid of this tv due to stand by problem. It ended up at my house. Read your review, removed pcb board, hey presto fully working tv for free. Removal is exactly as Delzrx says and anyone can do this I'm a near retirement age woman.
<br/>Thanx again Delzrx.

Djdarius69's Response to Delzrx's Review

Written on: 28/05/2008

I found this review helpful because... I found and removed that Teletext card and all OK. It removes easily it`s almost straight in middle of plate

245809_Twickers's Response to Delzrx's Review

Written on: 05/06/2006

I had a Toshiba with a similar problem years ago, and had it "repaired" several times until I gave it away. I don't know why, but I bought the 32ZP18 and it developed the problem you described. I have taken the card out and now it seems to be working fine.
<br>Fantastic!!! Thanks. It's a pity the manufacturers don't take any notice of their customer problems. They might actually make better TVs.

Delzrx's Response to Delzrx's Review

Written on: 09/05/2006

Glad to be of service mate. My TV's still working a treat after its open heart surgery!

Evanst58's Response to Delzrx's Review

Written on: 08/05/2006

Thanks Delzrx, this worked a treat and saved me the £40 - if I'm ever in Rotherham, I owe you a beer or three.