Marshall VS265 Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

EddyEddyEddy's review of Marshall VS265

Marshall VS265

“I am very pleased with my Marshall VS265 guitar amp....”

Written on: 11/01/2006 by EddyEddyEddy (2 reviews written)

Very versatile
Low maintenance

Can sometimes lack bass

General Comments
I am very pleased with my Marshall VS265 guitar amp. It stands up well even against my Marshall JMC900.

I have been playing on and off for just over 11 years, and this is one of the most versatile pieces of kit I have owned. It sounds very good, punchy and clear, is able to produce some great raw tone whether using a clean or distorted sound. The 12ax7 valve in the preamp stage helps to give it a lovely chunky warm tone that the tube amps of the 60's were famous for, and of course, and it looks great as it's a Marshall.

I use it for many different styles of music; Blues, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Ska, and even a bit of Thrash. It always performs well, and in 4 years of gigging, it has had no breakdowns what-so-ever.

If you are looking for good tone but cannot be bothered with the cost, maintenance and general hassle that comes with a full tube amp, I advise you look out for one of these!

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard