Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 Review

• Ease of Set Up

tywater's review of Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2

“I know there are many factors to consider for a...”

Written on: 05/01/2006 by tywater (1 review written)

Rock Solid for 15 Months. AMD 2500 in default mode runs between 43 to 51C with a standard AMD fan. Antec Full Tower is averaging 23 to 35C with two 80mm stock fans in the rear and an Antec 400 Watt power supply. The room temperatures varied from 62F to 95F. The board, many times, has been left running continuously for a week, or two weeks at a time. The overclocking software works with some AMD processors. In my case I set the BIOS to manual and adjusted the clock speed by the motherboard jumpers, which worked well for me.

In November 2005, Channel A for memory went bad. I RMA'd, and it was returned in 5 weeks. I assembled and booted it up only to hear static on my speakers. bought a stand only sound card, and that resolved the problem, but, my Channel A for memory went out again. I will have to RMA a second time. With the possibility of replacing it with a new board.

General Comments
I know there are many factors to consider for a smooth, cool running computer. The Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 for me, was a great motherboard, but short lived. My 1995 Compaq Tower lasted 8 years, but it was never as stable as the Pro 2.

Forgive me, but I do wonder if many are putting blame on the hardware when in fact they are overlooking proper installation habits. Reading the instructions carefully, and installing the hardware or software with patience, is a must to avoid instability.

• Ease of Set Up