Air Arms 410E Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Jordan.'s review of Air Arms 410E

“Very strong value for the money. Excellent accuracy,...”

Written on: 25/02/2003 by Jordan. (1 review written)

1-It's a powerhouse - 34 ftlbs 2-It's adjustable (optional) 3-Built in shroud for quiet shooting 4-Excellent standard Beech stock 5-Great Price - $625 with Power Mod 6-Great Accuracy (5).625 group at 50yds from rest 7-10 shot mags 8-Nice quick connects

1-Mags are spendy $45 and gun only comes with one 2-PowerMod is $60 option 3-NO .177 410E's stocked in US, special order only 4-Stock finish is thin-should refinish when new 5-Quick Fill cap is way too heavy

General Comments
Very strong value for the money. Excellent accuracy, quiet shroud, easy to load 10 shot mag, large airtank, smooth bolt action, most excellent fitting stock and it's damn fun to shoot. Magazines are a bit spendy at $45 - hearsay are having cracking issues but mine are fine - also baffles are being shot out of shroud in cold weather - again mine are fine and I live in NH. PowerMod is $60 extra and takes a few days extra to be done before shipping. I had to take an extra day to think it over after talking to Steve and reading the differences in opinions of pros and cons but thought I'd burn if I didn't get it and wonder what I was missing. No worries - couldn't be without it now - wouldn't order one without it. I wanted to buy a .177 after shooting my .22 for a bit but found out that I'd have to order one and wait a few months. I put a Simmons 44 mag scope on it and its deadly out to 60yds.

I use a scuba tank to fill the gun.

My gun likes to shoot (I mean groups well):

JSB's and I shoot them at 900

JSB Schak and I shoot them at 600 indoors

Crosman Premiers and I shoot them at 900 fps

Crow Magnums and I shoot them at 940 fps

Kodiaks and I shoot them at 830 fps

If you turn the power down you get more shots. I heard the .177's are getting over 60 shots shooting Crosman Premier lights at 850fps or so. My gun gets 45-50 shots (depending on air temp) shooting indoors with JSB Shaks at 500-600 fps

• Accuracy

• Handling

76496_Travis Pritchard.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 01/03/2003

hi.
<br>im form ohio and im interested in buying a S410E.
<br>i wuz wondering how loud this rifle is. on 1 to 10?
<br>1-is a daisy red rider
<br>10-is a .22 long rifle
<br>thanks

Thomo27's Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 01/01/2004

Quick Fill cap is heavy for a good reason! to lesson muzzle lift, & help ballence the rifle.

102110_Jackson.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 28/05/2003

Thanks for posting what you know. I've also done alot of reading and I'm ready to buy an AA 410E in .22. I've driven all over the state and can't find anyone who has even heard of Air Arms or deal them. I wish we could get rid our our Crossman and Daisy's and replace them with British and German airguns!

100940_Mack.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 24/05/2003

Great site! I'm sold on the 410E with the adjustable power. Just the thing I need for the "ranch". Great reviews and testmonials.

82390_Dean.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 23/03/2003

can someone please post the full address for this guy named "steve" in pamona california...thanx in advance...thinkin 'bout givin him a call

81921_Russ.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 21/03/2003

Anyone know how to make the 410e even quieter I see someone posted a diy kit please elaborate

80743_Pager1.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 17/03/2003

I read this reply from AA on another board! Very helpful for the stock refinishing.
<br>
<br>Apologies for the delay in responding , but we are having difficulties with
<br>our new web server!!
<br>
<br>In answer to your enquiry, the Beech stock Polyurethane finish, a light
<br>coating of oil with a cloth after will be sufficient to keep it in good
<br>condition.
<br>
<br>Our walnut stocks are given a light coating of oil , and not having a
<br>coating of 'poly' allows improvements to be made to your
<br>liking.Traditionally, the applying of linseed oil to the wood is the way it
<br>was for improving and conditioning stocks, but this is a labour of love as
<br>it is a lengthy process. It involves applying a coat of linseed and waiting
<br>for it to dry, then rubbing it back with fine wire wool and repeating the
<br>procedure.
<br>Care must be taken to cover areas of chequering and butt plate assembly so
<br>that no oil reaches these.
<br>
<br>Nowadays, any good gun shop will have packages containing complete kits for
<br>working on the walnut.This method is quicker and easier and should be
<br>supplied with instructions.
<br>Regards

79580_25Pindongle.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 13/03/2003

I'm new to airgunning and shooting in general but my department head has been doing this since the mid 70's and has well over 450 airgun rifles and pistols and has guided me to buy a 410E in .22 caliber. He insisted that I buy from Pomona for the best deal and that I also get the adjustable power add on and a Legend 5-15 military doted scope. I'm your basic ski bum software geek through college never having shot a gun till my mid twenties but DUDE!! This sport is way too much fun! I can shoot a can for hours and pest control of pest birds squirrels will be a new thing for me this spring. I bought a spinner and some targets and can really get into the mental aspects of shooting. I've never really liked shooting loud guns so this silencer cover tube business and no kick is very nice. He told me this gun was the best value out there and it had everything you needed for hunting or plinking if you could adjust the power up and down. Anyway just wanted to share this since I read all the reviews here before calling to order my gun.

78467_Jordan.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 09/03/2003

I wish the gun had a safety but I always try to not have the gun cocked/loaded until I get a shot. Sometimes you cock and the shot opportunity is lost - then you have to really be careful and remember that you have a loaded gun. There is no substitute for safe gun handling! Accidents can happen even with a safety.

77934_Dnadoc.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 07/03/2003

I've got the 410E in .177 and .22, I'd say the .177 is a 1 the .22 is a 2. Its hard to make a .22 with up to 36 ftlbs be as quiet as a bb gun. But it was closer than I thought it would be. My neighbours son has a new Red Ryder and its not as quiet as I thought. I shot them in my backyard where the sound reflected off my 6' fence and I think gave me a good arena for judging the sound levels both from a shooters perspective and the target's.

77459_Meister Jaeger.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 05/03/2003

410E in .22 is a 2 INHO. I don't have a RR to compare side by side but I took out my sons's Daisy and did the shooter's perspective, perp to the muzzle and facing the muzzle about 10 yards away at a 45 degree angle to get the full blast. Of course the 410E at that angle was about a 4 or so. The bb gun was suprisingly loud at that perspective as well. Oh yes, I did the Ruger .22 auto as well and it was WAY LOUD!!

77201_Daytrader.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 04/03/2003

Has anyone had a close call with this gun due to its lack of a safety? Just wondering here.

77196_Gordon.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 04/03/2003

My 410E is very quiet, I don't think its as quiet as a Red Ryder but its the most quiet, powerful out of the box .22 PCP that you'll find. With the power mod option you'll probably be able to turn the power down and have the quietest PCP short of spending $150 xtra on an aftermarket mod for some other guns. I read on the yellow board a DIY PVC pipe extenstion with washers that you can do it yourself from a McMaster Carr catalogue to make the gun evey quieter with a low dollar investment. I heard the .177 version of the 410E is alot more quiet than the .22. I'd like to try one of those for starlings and gophers. I do know my .22 410E is alot more quiet than my .22LR Kimber.

77175_Jordan.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 04/03/2003

I don't have a Red Ryder but I do have a Ruger .22LR. I will say that the 410E is about a 2 based on the memory of the Daisy T-99 when I was a kid. I think that you can spend $200+ and get a quieter mod for say like a Tarantula but out of the box the 410E is damn quiet. The most noise is the loud snap of the pellet hitting the target. You won't be dissapointed in the 410E. Good Luck!!