Dunlop & Donnay 65i Review

anddyye's review of Dunlop & Donnay 65i

Dunlop & Donnay 65i

Dunlop & Donnay 65i were the first set of clubs I have...”

Written on: 21/12/2005 by anddyye (1 review written)

Cheap
Weighty club face
Plenty of altitude

Club face easily marked

General Comments
Dunlop & Donnay 65i were the first set of clubs I have bought and they are proving their worth. I looked around at other sets in the value of £200+ and wasn't prepared to pay that much as a beginner, then I came across the Dunlop 65i's and for £80. I managed to pick up a 1W, 5W, DI, 2-9I, PW, LW and a putter. With the driver I can hit 200+ yards and with the Irons I can achieve plenty of altitude, as a begginer I do hit some suspect fade/slice shots but don't know how much of this is down to the club so I cannot comment on their accuracy and reliabilty (but I can say the player is not too reliable ;) ). the clubs themselves seem very durable and the shafts very sturdy.

The driver I am using is a Donnay Challenger and achieves a reliable distance of 200yds+ nearly every shot but if you lose concentration and get your swing wrong the driver is unforgiving and you will venture off your target line.

i would definitely recommend these clubs to beginners on price alone

if anyone else has these clubs,

Donnay Challenger 1 (1W)

Donnay Pro One (5W)

Dunlop 65i irons

Donnay Driving Iron

I would be grateful of any feedback and any tips regarding upgrades

Flygirl's Response to anddyye's Review

Written on: 08/02/2006

I too have just bought myself 4 of the Dunlop 65i clubs, including a driver 3,5 and 7 iron... ladies clubs at that as well..and I'm finding them fantastic...excellent product!!

234971_Stuartrayner's Response to anddyye's Review

Written on: 21/03/2006

Just bought the 65i seven iron from Sports World to start replacing my aging bats. Probably the best £3.50 I have ever spent.
<br>
<br>Its not a long hitter, but its very forgiving and deadly accurate. And thats where it counts, for me at least.

Bob Oldroyd's Response to anddyye's Review

Written on: 28/02/2006

I have been playing golf for the last 15 years and have 'the bug', which has included buying the latest driver etc. My wife has decided that she would like to play as well and as an affordable starter set i bought her a set of Dunlop 65i irons, driver, 3, 5, & 11 woods. In just three sessions at the range she is hitting her new clubs consistantly straight and building on her best drive, so far, of 100mtrs. I have also used her clubs on the range and found the irons to have a good 'sweet spot' and they hit consistantly. I was also impressed with the woods. I am a big hitter and use a Taylor Made R5 560 worth in the region of £300. I can honestly say that using my wifes 'ladies' 65i driver I was no more than 15 - 20 mtrs behind the Taylor Made club that cost over £250 more. Is 15 mtrs worth £250?
Definitely an excellent value for money, performance set of clubs, I can't see any 'starter set' being any better.