Gear Zone www.gear-zone.co.uk Review

Dave Riley's review of Gear Zone www.gear-zone.co.uk

“It started 5 weeks ago. I ordered a warm down filled...”

Written on: 21/12/2005 by Dave Riley (1 review written)

None!

It starts from a 5 week delivery wait to the wrong details.

General Comments
It started 5 weeks ago. I ordered a warm down filled winter coat from Gear-Zone as I am travelling to Scotland for Xmas. I was told that there would be no problem with delivery and that I would have it in time for Xmas. It is 3 days before Xmas and I still do not have it. I have spent the last two weeks trying to contact the company by email and telephone and only today managed to get through to them. It turns out they had the incorrect bank details, the incorrect delivery address and it hasn't even been sent out yet!

They have promised me they will send it out tomorrow (22nd) but cannot guarantee I will have it for Xmas.....when I am in Scotland!

Overall I think the customer service has been appalling and I would not recommend ordering from them unless you don't mind getting your Winter coat until the Summer!

• Winter jacket £200

• Still waiting

Visit gear-zone.co.uk

Dave Riley's Response to Dave Riley's Review

Written on: 16/01/2006

Just to add to the frustration. I eventually cancelled my order on the 22nd december. and it turned up on the 9th January after taking the money out of my account. Sent the item back with a letter and my contact details demanding that they deposit the amount back into my bank account. it is now the 16th january and the money has not been returned to my account so I have phoned them only to find out that they have received the item back but have not returned the payment because they did not have my bank details.... they only had to call me! This is the worst experience i have ever had with any company. I strongly advise not to order any products from this company!

Gearzone's Response to Dave Riley's Review

Written on: 02/06/2009

Hi all,<br/><br/>I would just like to take this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for the issues you had with Gear-Zone in 2007-2008.<br/><br/>We have since changed ownership and the team responsible for the site during those days in long gone. We are now back on top form, just like the halcyon days of 2002-2005, with the same ranges and price that everyone liked, but with extra special emphasis on Par Excellence customer service.<br/><br/>We're answering the phones 7 days a week!<br/><br/>Pre-charging for orders has been canned, we will only charge for items once they're ready to leave us.<br/><br/>I know that once lost trust is hard to regain, but I would like to offer people to try our service now and see what a difference we've made to the experience.<br/><br/>Once again, we'd like to apologise for our previous incarnation, but we're a new and improved beast now!<br/><br/>Gear-Zone (June 2009)

gear-zone.co.uk