HP LaserJet 1015 Review

• Print Quality

• Ease of Set Up

majorwedgy's review of HP LaserJet 1015

HP LaserJet 1015

“I have owned the HP Laserjet 101O laser printer (the...”

Written on: 21/12/2005 by majorwedgy (8 reviews written)

Very fast, compact, good quality output, tolerably quiet, and it looks fairly good for a laser printer.

None, although auto duplex would be nice, and there is no colour output (obviously it's a black and white laser printer).

General Comments
I have owned the HP Laserjet 101O laser printer (the 1010 not the 1015 which is is slightly faster) for nearly a year, after upgrading from a Lexmark cheapy printer with horrifically expensive ink, and a HP Deskjet 880c which was the same.

The first thing that struck me about this printer is how much better the output was, both in terms of quality and speed, compared to both my old inkjets and my schools HP 4L laserjets, even at lowest quality and toner settings.

Setup was a breeze, and it was very easy to use. A nice feature is the ability to print even when printer is switched off and you switch it on after clicking print. My old inkjets would have had a fit if I had done the same with them.

The aesthetics of this printer are very pleasing to the eye, both because it is compact, and it is an attractive black/grey design.

I have yet to change the toner, and I don't think I will for a while, despite having printed at least 200 pages - use the economy setting - the difference in quality is negligible!

In summary - buy this printer, you won't be sorry!!

• Ease of Set Up