Thomson PVR10UK TiVo Review

simon hewitt.'s review of Thomson PVR10UK TiVo

Thomson PVR10UK TiVo

“I bought my Tivo back in May 2002, after changing...”

Written on: 23/02/2003 by simon hewitt. (1 review written)

Easy to use.

None that I can think of.

General Comments
I bought my Tivo back in May 2002, after changing jobs, and I started to miss my favourite programs due to the longer hours in my new position.
Buying the Tivo has been the best £200 pounds I spent, because it really is a must have box, once you have got it set up and started to tell it what you like to watch or dislike.
Since I got the machine, the VHS has only been used to playback a couple of films since, because the tivo leaves the VHS for dead, in terms of ease of use, flexibility, and programming is a doddle.
My next purchase will be a DVD recorder, and this will be a Panasonic DVD-RAM model, which does the same as a tivo does, in that it can start playback of a program whilst it is still recording.
It is a shame that Thompson have stopped making the unit, as they have broken their partnership with Tivo Inc, who does all the clever whizzy stuff that makes Tivo run.
If you manage to spot one in a comet, currys or dixons for 100-150 buy it.
You will also need to get a subscription from tivo, which is either £10 a month, or £200 for the lifetime of the unit.
I bought a lifetime sub, it was best for me.

Diablo944's Response to simon hewitt.'s Review

Written on: 18/03/2011

Despite the series one boxes still being operational and faultless at this time, the launch of the new Virgin Media boxes with Tivo at their core has coincided with Tivo discontinuing the EPG broadcasts for the series one boxes. Without the EPG Tivo is no longer a viable proposition for anyone wanting a PVR. June 1st 2011 sees the end of the series one boxes.