BSA Scorpion .22 Review

Stu.'s review of BSA Scorpion .22

“I bought my BSA Scorpion .22 air pistol second hand...”

Written on: 20/02/2003 by Stu. (1 review written)

Very powerful, highly accurate and excellent build quality

A little bit heavy

General Comments
I bought my BSA Scorpion .22 air pistol second hand for sixty quid last year, with a bsa 1.5 x 15 pistol scope. It was well knackered after 20 years of use, so I rebuilt the internals (new mainspring, piston washer, seals etc). Fortunately the blueing is in good nick - no rust.

Now produces approx 6-7ft lbs at muzzle, and will punch a 1/2" hole after 5 shots at 15 metres.

I added a Webley pro-system silencer to quieten it down, the muzzle crack was loud.

Well worth the cash if you can find one!

Mike Holden.'s Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 26/03/2003

I have a 1983 BSA Scopion, like new, still in the original box. Rarely used. Carefully stored. Offers?

292831_Maw's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 12/06/2007

I am looking for a scorpion, preferably .22, having lost mine in a recent break in. Contact me at vertferret@hotmail.co.uk. cheers, mat

Joe Poluka's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 14/05/2007

Hello again Ken - Sorry the e-mail address is joe_poluka@hotmail.com.

Joe Poluka's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 11/05/2007

Ken - I'm interested in your BSA Scorpion - Can you please contact me at joe_poulka@hotmail.com
<br/>Thanks

Ken Wilkinson's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 06/05/2007

I have a BSA Scorpion unboxed in good condition anyone want to make an offer?

Cptman's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 02/09/2006

I have a Scorpion still producing fullpower (as far as i can tell) available for the right offer.
<br/>Boxed with all accessories including oil (unopened) original pellets (unopened) BSA target holder and unused targets, cocking aid, foresight hood and allen key. Contact peter@pdci.freeserve.co.uk for further info.

Maximoo222's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 11/02/2005

Hello I am interesed in buying a scorpion or a Buccaneer (The Rifle Based version of the scorpion) If Anyone has one and wants to sell it please contact me at AdrianMunro@v21.me.uk. Genuine buyer money waiting .22's prefered.

Houndini's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 28/06/2004

I have a BSA Scorpion .22 for sale in good original condition. The last time i checked it was putting out 6 ft.lb., but a purchaser could check that with my ftlb measuring machine thingy forgot what it's called. Currently fitted with red dot sight but all original sights preserved. Only one downside - the hairspring that sets the safety when you cock the bugger is missing, my fault. Potential users who are concerned about this should check availability of spares. I have had this gun for over twenty years (bought second hand), and it has had its share of rats and rabbits. Incredibly powerful and accurate for what it is (it has a set trigger, one of the nicest air gun triggers I have come across).
<br>
<br>Anyone interested should email simon@metrolab.org.uk or phone 01252 325002 or 07768 731245 as I will ot be revisiting this forum

Redcatfishjack's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 22/04/2004

I totally agree with the positive comments about the scorpion, i've just done a full refurb on a .22 to original mint condition, it's an animal!! It's up to full legal power in the UK, It scares me to think what a tune could do to it!! My new toy is an AA tx200....so the scorpion can go for the right offer/home.

Montannauk's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 08/03/2004

Good points are that this is a mighty fine pistol I put it right up there with the Webley tempest.
<br>Can\'t find any bad points apart from that mine is in a state all that is left is just the actual gun with no sights just the silencer.
<br>It is the .77 calibre am open to offers if any given the cocking mechanism has worn away but an all round good gun if given some tlc and a bit of a refurb.
<br><br> any quiries mail: montannauk@hotmail.com

Mike Holden's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 11/08/2003

My email in Toronto is holden@bbburn.com.
<br>Mike

Wardo's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 11/08/2003

Mike Holden,
<br>Re: Scorpion bb gun
<br>
<br>Do you have an address / phone # where you can be reached?
<br>Wardo
<br>wardo2@telusplanet.net

Mike Holden's Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 06/08/2003

I still have my one owner BSA Scorpion, in the original box. Even comes with the BSA targets, steel shooting box etc...
<br>Offers are welcome.
<br>Mike Holden
<br>Toronto

119722_Benny.'s Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 29/07/2003

Hey Mike, I too am interested in that BSA Scorpian. If you haven't as yet parted with it, get in touch with me at criticalmood@hotmail.com. Thanks....Benny

118003_Jay.'s Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 23/07/2003

Mark Holden....if your still selling that Scorpion, email me jay.steele@comcast.net.
<br> Thanks
<br> Jay

110875_Stevie.'s Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 26/06/2003

Does anyone have a bsa scorpion.22 out there please contact me money waiting for the right one.Please email me at thegasman34@blueyonder.co.uk

96225_Hotshot.'s Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 09/05/2003

My records indicate that BSA had to withdraw and modify early Scorpians in 0.22 as they exceeded the 6 ft lb limit. Probably they fitted a weaker spring.

92570_Mike.'s Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 27/04/2003

My Dad bought me a .22Cal Scorpion when I was about 15yrs.I live in the U.K. It was secondhand from a shop om Union Street Plymouth about 1984. What A great pistol it is i had it professionally tuned up by a man called `T.R.ROBB` in the uk I tell you it really kicks ass! for an air-pistol it also has a silencer and small pistol scope 1,5x15mm .i Wish It were smaller and lighter as it is A brute. But I love it

85264_Nz Craig.'s Response to 74303_Stu.'s Review

Written on: 02/04/2003

Hello from Auckland New Zealand,
<br> I use to work with a guy years ago that had a BSA Scorpion ,but his was a .177.
<br>Still,the thing was one powerful air pistol.
<br>Not long ago I was in my local air gun shop,purchasing my BSA supersport,when my eyes detected a Scorpion on the rack.
<br>It's been a while since I've seen one,but remember my work friends as been a good pistol.
<br>I wonder if it's still in the shop.
<br> Happy and safe shooting