Thierry Mugler Alien Review

• Strength of Scent

Erin D's review of Thierry Mugler Alien

Thierry Mugler Alien

“I'm not really certain that the description fits the...”

Written on: 05/12/2005 by Erin D (73 reviews written)

Very sweet--like sugary candy--and last all day.
Great sillage.

If you're not into ultra-sweet candylicious scents then you're probably going to run away upon your first sniff.

General Comments
I'm not really certain that the description fits the scent: (From Thierry Mugler) Be transported to another world with an elixir of absolute femininity. Vibrant, luminous and mysterious. A sensual fusion of woody, amber and floral essence with hints of green notes and orange blossom.

It's certainly feminine, and maybe I could accept vibrant. But there is nothing mysterious or other-worldly about Alien. I thought it was very nice...there's nothing really wrong with it, and I wouldn't call it boring--although it is similar to many other scents out there right now (if you like the Poison and Addict lines, by all means, enjoy their bigger and bolder sister). It smells super-sweet(there's a teeny tiny little touch of woodsy upon drydown), which my boyfriend really liked. Men who are attracted to vanillas and sweetly feminine fragrances will like it. I love candy and the smell of candy stores, but in moderation. I think this applies to Alien as well. I could never wear this consistently without my dentist on standby.

• Over 8 hours

Durability

• Amber, jasmine, woody, orange blossom

Fragrance Description