Garmin Quest Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

blackb1ade's review of Garmin Quest

Garmin Quest

“I've had Garmin Quest for about a year now (always...”

Written on: 01/12/2005 by blackb1ade (1 review written)

Small, light, weatherproof, (relatively) intuitive to use, hand held portability (hiking use?)

Can't input postcodes for finding addresses

General Comments
I've had Garmin Quest for about a year now (always wanted one..) I have to say I've only used it about 10 times but put it like this, I've thrown all my maps away. It's extremely good - I had to drive to the middle of nowhere (well, almost) last weekend with a mate in the car and he was gobsmacked at how well it picked the route and guided us right to the door. I've even used it on my motorcycle (twice - with RAM mount) and it was even more useful given that it's far harder to mapread on a bike.

Compared to the built in (manufactured) one in my Mazda it's far quicker and more accurate IMO.

My only gripe is not being able to input a postcode ot search for an address on the unit itself - you can do it on the PC software and download it, but I dont like the PC software, it's awkward, clumsy and not intuitive at all - far far easier to use the unit for everything (in fact I've only ever hooked it up to the PC once...that was enough)