Goodmans GDB3 Review

MartinLondon1977's review of Goodmans GDB3

Goodmans GDB3

“We brought two Goodmans GDB3 Freeview boxes together...”

Written on: 27/11/2005 by MartinLondon1977 (1 review written)

Instruction manual seems clear enough.
Average remote control.

Very poor SCART lead supplied.

General Comments
We brought two Goodmans GDB3 Freeview boxes together on the Saturday. When we got them out of the box everything seemed fine until the picture quality on my box broke up on some of the channels, notably ITV1, Channel 4, and many others. We tweaked around, thinking that the aerial connection may have something to do with it (we brought a Sagem Freeveiw box initially becuase of the poor analoge reception - which we are happy with).

We then swapped our Goodmans units over. Hey ho! Mine was faulty! I returned it to Argos and got a replacement on the Sunday. Got home and everything worked fine for a few minutes, then the same fault came up again, and yet again there was more transfering of boxes, tweaking of cables, scratching of heads. I should point out that we used a different SCART cable the second time; the first one broke in dad's hand!

We have since tested with the SCART from our DVD unit, and are now of the firm opinion that the root cause of our problems is the poor quality of the SCART leads. We are now going to replace the SCART leads supplied with 'gold' ones, which will apparently do a much better job.

In a nutshell, DITCH your SCART's supplied, they are probably going to be of very little use to you. And PLEASE, Goodmans, can us comsumers have some decent leads in the box please. Then maybe we might have something to be happy about, and you will not have something that tarnishes your (I would have thought) good name.

Thank you.

• Less than a Week

Time DVB Owned

Huckster6's Response to MartinLondon1977's Review

Written on: 11/12/2005

I can't remember how long I've had mine...a year, two years? It replaced a disgraceful Nokia disaster bought from Dixon's online...and I'm very pleased with it.
<br>Channels load quickly, picture quality is good.
<br>I also find it is definitely sensitive to SCART issues. It does benefit from a good signal from a roof aerial .
<br>I am surprised, though, that website says pdf instruction book is 'coming soon.' Why the delay?