Orange SPV C500 Review

• Reception

• Style

mn1504's review of Orange SPV C500

Orange SPV C500

“The Orange SPV C500 phone is fantastic. I got rid of...”

Written on: 22/11/2005 by mn1504 (1 review written)

Screen Size & Quality
Windows Media Player (MP3's etc)
Functionality
Size
Microsoft ActiveSync
Additional Software can be added

Mini SD Card behind Battery
Crashes frequently
Slow Start-Up
No notes feature
Battery life when Bluetooth is on

General Comments
The Orange SPV C500 phone is fantastic. I got rid of an XDAII for this and have no regrets. The phone is compact, has every feature you will ever need and can sync with Outlook with no problems. I got this phone for business use and use it for everything (Emails, Texting, photo's, video, etc.).

The phone has Bluetooth, IR, Camera (stills & Video), sound recording, File Explorer, Internet Explorer, Calendar, ActiveSync, Tasks, MSN Messenger, Media Player and so on.

The best feature is the ability to run additional programs on it. I installed TomTom Mobile Sat Nav on it and it has never let me down. It connected to the bluetooth receiver straight away and I was off. I can even use my Bluetooth headset at the sametime without any problems.

To say the phone's perfect wouldn't be true. I shtere such a phone out there? The only gripes I have with it are the Mini SD card sits behind the battery, so you can't swap it over easily, it crashes fairly frequently, turning on the phone takes forever and there is no notes feature.

Overall after a year of owning one I am very satisfied and would highly recommend it or the new SPV C550 that's just replaced it.

• Battery Life