Uttings - www.uttings.co.uk Review

Erebus1197's review of Uttings - www.uttings.co.uk

“I have been looking at the Utting's web site for a few...”

Written on: 18/11/2005 by Erebus1197 (13 reviews written)

Well priced goods
Fantastic range
Proficient staff

Web site not brilliant to work with

General Comments
I have been looking at the Utting's web site for a few years now, umming and ahhing on what gun to buy. The navigation on the website is not brilliant, but that can be ignored as the range of goods and the prices are second-to-none. I have contacted them by email a few times with questions regarding air rifles and accessories, and they have answered the questions in a polite and thorough manner. One staff member went over and above the call of duty and did some fantastic research on scopes for me. Marvellous.

When I finally purchased something from them (A BSA Ultra single shop PCP and a BSA carbine rucksack, plus other little bits), I ordered online on the Tuesday and then went to work. When I got home there were about 10 missed calls on both my home number and my mobile. I called up the following morning to find out what was wrong, and they wanted to ask me if they could send the BSA rucksack instead of the Logun one ordered (out of stock at that time). As they could not reach me, they made the decision that I would not mind spending £3 less and they sent it to me. The gun turned up the day after ordering with all the accessories. What more could you want??

I have since contacted them about scopes, as I have a Tasco 4-15X50, but it has finally given up the ghost, and I need a new one. One of the staff went to a bit of trouble and contacted BSA to see if they recommend one scope over another for my gun, and then sent me back a great little email listing the scopes that would be good for me, and explaining why.

I would have no problem recommending this site to every level of shooter. The staff are very knowledgeable, and extremely friendly, and the prices are fantastically competitive.

I could probably buy a scope, or pellets, or whatever, for a few pounds or pence cheaper elsewhere, but for the level of service I have received from Uttings.com I would never think of going elsewhere.

• PCP Air Rifle £270