Beeman Tempest .177 cal. Review

Vulcanator's review of Beeman Tempest .177 cal.

“After twenty years I decided to purchase the Beeman...”

Written on: 09/11/2005 by Vulcanator (13 reviews written)

Compact dimensions, and power.

Webley should make it with ambidextrous grips for left-handers. Also a reduction in the width of the safety catch would be good!

General Comments
After twenty years I decided to purchase the Beeman Tempest to compliment the Webley Vulcan rifle I have had since I was a teenager. I used to own a .22 version many moons ago, and shooting my .177 version in the back garden brings back memories.

It seems they have widened the trigger shoe to improve the quality of the trigger pull, but as mentioned in my bad points, left handed shooters have not been catered to. I have addressed this with the purchase of the Beeman wooden combat grips. They improve the feel of the gun greatly for the left hander, and they look great too. A must purchase for all left handers who desire this pistol.

In the performance and handling department, the little Tempest does a great job. It is very suitable for plinking and small pest control.