British Army Soldier 95 Goretex Jacket Review

002180's review of British Army Soldier 95 Goretex Jacket

“I wanted a Goretex camo jacket for shooting and...”

Written on: 07/11/2005 by 002180 (1 review written)

Totally Waterproof
Hardwearing
Full protection against really bad weather

Hood cannot be rolled away

General Comments
I wanted a Goretex camo jacket for shooting and general wear. I explored the internet and found this one on Camping and Camo.co.uk. It was priced at £39.99 and p&p was £5.95. I read on the website to allow 14 days for delivery,it came the next day!!!

It is shorter than I expected, but long enough for good protection and there is a drawstring at the hem. The velcro cuffs help to give a protected snug fit too. I was suprised at the hood, it folds outwards to a massive length to offer great protection from wind and rain (but the hood limits my view when hunting) I did not expect the jacket to have pockets because the British Army designed them to be worn under field jackets. My jacket came with 2 external chest pockets, a large internal pocket (for a map etc.) and a external velcro strap to hold a torch or something along those lines.

I found the jacket to be suprisingly thin and it is unlined, however it is still very warm, I found myself sweating when I got excited. It is ideal for wearing over my fleece when the weather is ridiculously cold.

I think the camo is very good, I like the design it came in excellent condition with no colour fading despite not being brand new (it was super-grade i.e worn once or twice.

I love this jacket and wear it constantly, it was a very good purchase.