Epson 640U Review

From 1 review

Phil.'s review of Epson 640U

Epson 640U

“The Epson 640U is is my 4th and by far and away the...”

Written on: 09/05/2001 by Phil. (1 review written)

Scan Quality, Speed, Good software, Price.

None.

General Comments
The Epson 640U is is my 4th and by far and away the best scanner I`ve had following a Umax 610P, Agfa Snapscan 1212U and another Umax, the 3400U.

I bought the scanner after reading several good reviews on the net for it and I can honestly say the quality of the scans is amazing - as good as the original. The other major plus for it is it`s speed - WOW.

It takes only about 4-5 seconds to do a preview from start to finish and a 6X4 photo @ 300dpi takes just 10 secs and like I said, the quality is the best point.There`s an Epson "Smart Panel" application that comes with it that makes everything a doddle and automates everything if you want to or if you want to have more control in stages, it gives you the option every time during the automated process.

I better stop or I`ll be here all night, but as you can guess I`d really recommend this scanner as a superb buy. 10 out of 10.

George Shepherd.'s Response to 2084_Phil.'s Review