Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (PS2) Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

Hank's review of Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (PS2)

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (PS2)

“I bought Pro Evolution Soccer 5 on its first day of...”

Written on: 25/10/2005 by Hank (124 reviews written)

Graphics
Gameplay
It appears the franchise is still in good hands

It's tough

General Comments
I bought Pro Evolution Soccer 5 on its first day of release and I can tell you that it's a difficult game.

I'm a stalwart of Pro Evo 2, however when my dog scratched the disk I was left with no game. So with Pro 5 coming out I thought I would advance to the newest model and try my hand.

I was a pretty handy player with Pro Evolution Soccer 2 but I'm really struggling with number 5. It's tough, damn tough. In four games I have hit the back of the net once, and that was in the first game! So it appears I'm getting progressively worse! However, I must add that I have only lost once, so there's been a couple of nil-nil bore draws to.

So from a game play perspective, it's tough but fairly addictive. Graphically I think it's a pretty standard fair, the player close-ups are funny though - Mikael Silvestre looks like Kryton from Red Dwarf!

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase so far, but with a current strike rate to rival Everton, I'm looking forward to improving my game.

• Graphics