Sony DAV-SC8 Review

• Ease of Set Up

BentAxle's review of Sony DAV-SC8

☆☆☆☆☆
Sony DAV-SC8

“The Sony DAV-SC8 is the worst disaster ever to come...”

Written on: 20/10/2005 by BentAxle (1 review written)

Cosmetic good looks

Faulty in 4 days out of the box, on it's 4th. repair in less than a year.
Rubbish picture, rubbish operating system.

General Comments
The Sony DAV-SC8 is the worst disaster ever to come through my front door. Cost £796 July last year. Great Speakers but the actual DVD unit is absolute rubbish. You can never depend on it playing a DVD when you just want to sit down and enjoy a good movie. Won't take commands from the handset, neither on the manual buttons on the unit. Won't eject DVD's on command. Won't play them either. Seems to have a software problem. Switching off at the plug only works about 1time in 30 goes.

My advice don't touch one , even if it's free. A £25 Matsui DVD player is a million times better quality and so far 100% reliable. I know I'm using one while the Sony is in for the 4th. time for repair in a year.

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

• 6 - 12 Months

Time Home Cinema System Owned

• Ease of Set Up

Aldomak's Response to BentAxle's Review

Written on: 21/12/2005

Sounds very familiar... Check my review on the wee brother (SC6) The DVD player is poor - How did they Sony get this one into the market? Even with a decent Sony TV I needed a special SCART cable to avoid it searching for NTSC!!! My advice, try another manufacturer
<br>
<br>http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews74808.html

348411_Miggllii's Response to BentAxle's Review

Written on: 29/02/2008

I have just had a similar problem with my unit, were it refuses to accept discs and goes on standby for ever. I have not had the response fron Sony that I expeced especially after paying over £400 just over 2 years ago. I no longer view Sony as a quality brand and in the short term will avoid their products until they get there act together.

Jxm28788's Response to BentAxle's Review

Written on: 29/12/2007

I had all the same problems with the Sony DAV-SC8, but mine managed to make it past the 12 month warranty period before the problems started... 8-(

Dvdbill's Response to BentAxle's Review

Written on: 25/04/2007

I completely agree with the review by Bentaxie. I have also had a problem with this product whereby it takes in a DVD which refuses to run and shuts down the system. It is also impossible to get the DVD out of the drive. On taking it for repair to a Sony authorised agent I was told the problem is well known and that they are going to charge me £68 to repair it. On speaking with Sony they refuse to acknowledge the problem exists and will not pay for the cost to repair the unit. The drive in question has only ever been used twice since new. Sony also state that they do not take any notice of product reviews on the web.

266252_Faso's Response to BentAxle's Review

Written on: 08/11/2006

I have the same problems! (BentAxle)