RWS 34 Diana Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

rob3dr's review of RWS 34 Diana

“I got my RWS 34 Diana on close out for $115 and for...”

Written on: 16/10/2005 by rob3dr (18 reviews written)

Good balance, good power in .177, accurate.

None as long as you use it within its limits.

General Comments
I got my RWS 34 Diana on close out for $115 and for that price, I couldn't be happier.

The gun handles well and has good power using both 7.9gr and 10.5gr Premiers. The 7.9gr shoot at about 900fps while the 10.5 shoot at around 820fps.

Accuracy is good out to 30 yards, but that is about the upper limit of this gun. I'm sure there are those out there that have shot at longer distances, but 30 yards is where I stop with this gun. At that distance, on a good day I can get nickel sized groups.

I've found my 34 to be a bit hold sensitive so make sure when you shoot it, you practice good springer airgun shooting technique and keep the hold consistent for best accuracy.

I've fitted mine with a cheap scope (springer rated) and an RWS one piece mount and it does fine with this.

The gun does not have as much twang as other lower end springers I've shot. A nice solid 'thump' is all you hear and very little vibration.

With a bit of work, you can easily add a buttpad and muzzle brake to this gun and have a nice looking airgun.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Written on: 10/12/2005

Hello rob3dr, this is Pedro, curious about the hold with my Diana 34 (as for any other of my 2 airguns), I surely do believe that, I've started to get much better accuracy results since the day I've learned to hold it LOOSELY instead of very "consistently".
<br>From the moment I started to lightly grab the rifle and loosely put it against my shoulder, I surely had a BIG difference and really improved my accuracy.

Written on: 17/09/2006

Pedro... The 34 in .22 should be fine with mid weight pellets in the 14-16gr range being a more mile magnum. As for the 350 in .177, you really need heavier pellets to make use of the larger powerplant in that gun. I&#039;d recommend Kodiaks or Crosman Premier Heavy pellets. Both are in the 10.5gr range. Another option for the 350 would be the Korean Eun Jins. If I remember correctly, they are close to 13gr in .177

Written on: 27/08/2006

Hello rob3dr, this is Pedro Laia from Portugal, I also have an RWS Diana 34 in 0.22, and RWS 350 in 0.177.
<br/>I would appreciate if you could recommend me the ideal grain weight of pellet so that it can produce a good "cushion" upon spring impact in both of my rifles. Thank you.

238167_Wamarvin's Response to rob3dr's Review

Written on: 03/05/2006

You could get an RWS 34 fairly cheap at www.midsouthshooterssupply.com. 159.00. I bought the diana magnum 350 for $284.00.

Written on: 07/03/2006

Hello Sportytj, this is Pedro Laia from Portugal, I've read your comment, about the Diana 34 cal .22, were you tell you hope “it has enough power for this heavy pellet”.
<br>The deal is this: I do have 3 air rifles, being the Diana 34 cal .22 my first one with already almost 13 years of use.
<br>However it still does show its brute force when shooting at several targets at various distances, I can also testify that force when "breaking" it's barrel to cock the rifle.
<br>Certainly in the present day, it does not possess the exactly same amount of spring strength that it had at 13 years ago, but I only perceive a very little difference - and all that with the ORIGINAL spring!!
<br>You can also read my reviews (Pedro Laia), which are some of the last ones for Diana 34, right behind "rob3dr" reviews.
<br>Concluding, you can rest assure, it indeed “has enough power for that heavy pellet”; you will not be disappointed with this air rifle.
<br>I'm not because the Diana 34 cal .22 really is a fine example of reliability and durability.

Written on: 07/03/2006

Actually, I have owned a B20, that I didn't like and I do have the B26 and I love it. I'm going to wait a little bit more before doing a review on the B-26-2. As for .22 or .177, I don't shoot competively so I use .22 for most everything. The 34 is considered to be a really good mid power .22 hunter, but I only have it in .177.

Written on: 04/03/2006

Hi i went ahead and ordered the diana 34 in .22cal im hoping it has enough pwr for this heavy pellet. Found a good deal on one and went for it as the .22 seem to sell out quick? Hows this gun compare to xisico b26?

Written on: 03/03/2006

I went ahead i did order the .22 34 rws. Which gun do you like better .177,.22. I also see you have many other gun reviews, do you own an xixico b20 also? I was considering the new xisico b26 but figured for the extra quid why not go german.

Written on: 02/03/2006

Probably not going to find that price again. It was on closeout at airgunexpress right before they stopped being an RWS authorized service center. They had lots of good deals on RWS guns at that time and I only took advantage of the 34.

Written on: 01/03/2006

Where did you find a diana rws 34 for the low price of $115 the best i've seen is $160ish up to $215. If you respond i'm ordering one now in .22 cal.`

Written on: 13/12/2005

Hello, now I understand you - totally agree. My mistake then. Greetings.

Written on: 13/12/2005

That's true. By consistent, I mean to hold it the same way each time...and that way is loosely. As long as you do that, springers can be very accurate. Not so much as a good PCP, but very accurate nonetheless.