McCulloch BVM250 2-Stroke Petrol Blower Vac Review

Willcheeks's review of McCulloch BVM250 2-Stroke Petrol Blower Vac

McCulloch BVM250 2-Stroke Petrol Blower Vac

“I like the McCulloch BVM250 Petrol Blower Vac. I...”

Written on: 12/10/2005 by Willcheeks (1 review written)

Lightweight. Blower and vacuum. Mulches as it vacuums. Easy to operate by anyone - my wife and 14 year old daughter can use it with no problems.

My organization bought 4, and none of them like old fuel i.e. Fuel that has been mixed and sits for over one month. One of the piston head bolts broke off. One string will not retract. One runs for 2-3 minutes and stops. It restarts with no problem, but will not stay running.

General Comments
I like the McCulloch BVM250 Petrol Blower Vac. I bought my own after using the ones at work. I am willing to deal with the problems because they are easy to work on. Really simple engines.

Johnbonds's Response to 213466_Willcheeks's Review

Written on: 30/09/2006

My blower Vac has stopped working it seems, as the primer pump is not working. It may also be a problem with the card Can any one please advise me where I can obtain a parts manual? Please leave a comment.
<br/>
<br/>Thanks, John

279274_Stevenh's Response to 213466_Willcheeks's Review

Written on: 21/02/2007

Mine has been a constant source of problems - regularly gets blocked, starter cord won&#039;t retract, hard to start

269374_Mikek's Response to 213466_Willcheeks's Review

Written on: 03/12/2006

I have just used my vac for the first time, and it seems that I have got a drip of oil going on the bag as I am using it. Any suggestions?
<br/>
<br/>Mike.

Johnbonds's Response to 213466_Willcheeks's Review

Written on: 15/10/2006

Your McCulloch BVM250 leaf blower may require a new gasket set. You can get these from
<br/>Rowena motors
<br/>67 High Street
<br/>Bangor
<br/>Gwynedd
<br/>LL57 1NR

Bernay's Response to 213466_Willcheeks's Review

Written on: 10/10/2006

I have a leaf blower. It starts but it will not continue to run. I cannot find anyone who will work on it. The general comment is "it is not worth fixing". It is only 3 years old, and it has not done hardly any work. Any suggestions ?