Webley Vulcan Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Moley61's review of Webley Vulcan

“I could not get a test of any gas ram rifle so I...”

Written on: 08/10/2005 by Moley61 (4 reviews written)

Smoother
Quieter
Faster lock Time
Consistent

You have to fit it
May increase wear

General Comments
I could not get a test of any gas ram rifle so I bought the first (cheapish) gun that I could fit a gas ram to. It's a .22 Webley Vulcan Mk3 of unknown age or history. I followed the instructions to the letter(never having done anything like this before) and it took me about an hour to fit with no more tools than any home mechanic would have ie; screwdrivers, hacksaw, pliers. I bought a Combro CB625 to check any difference between the spring and gas ram. With unsorted Webley Lazapells the spring (which may have been 'tired') produced around 10.4-10.9ft/lbs. With the same pellets the gas ram produced 1ft/lb more; 11.4-11.8ft/lbs. This is not the whole story as the gun is quieter, smoother and more consistent. It is also more accurate(1" group at 20yds spring, 25yds gas ram, I'm not a great shot) than with the spring, I think this is partly because it is smoother and partly because of the faster lock time. This is the time between when you squeeze the trigger and the pellet leaving the barrel. The shorter this time, the less time is available for you (me) to wobble and miss. I have noticed that I have to grease the trigger regularly(every 500 pellets as it gets stiff to pull), I don't know if this is normal for this gun, because it's old or due to extra stress caused by the gas ram. I have shot around 4,000 pellets with the gas ram and the power is exactly the same as a year ago when I got it so the ram has not lost any pressure. I am happy with this gun and am keeping it but I have saved my pennies and a Theoben Evolution will be joining it shortly.

Moley61's Response to Moley61's Review

Written on: 08/10/2005

I submitted this as a review of the Theoben Gas Ram, I have no idea why it ended up here, as you can see it's very similar to my review of the Webley Vulcan already posted.