Hamilton Insurance Accident/Sickness & Unemployment Review

• Customer service

jwoodford's review of Hamilton Insurance Accident/Sickness & Unemployment

☆☆☆☆☆

“I am writing with reference to a recent claim to...”

Written on: 06/10/2005 by jwoodford (1 review written)

None

Customer Service

General Comments
I am writing with reference to a recent claim to Hamilton Insurance that was put forward by myself, in relation to my inability to work for a three-month period this summer, due to an operation to resolve a defect known as Chiari Malformation, that resulted in brain surgery.

I feel that I must write to complain about the poor quality customer service that I have received throughout the claim process. I am incredibly disheartened that it has taken a period of four months for a decision to be made regarding my claim and hope that others do not suffer a similar fate.

I am of the opinion that the credit protection scheme that Hamilton have to offer is not worth the paper it is written on. I would deem the need for brain surgery one of the most serious conditions possible, therefore financial assistance during the recovery period is essential to ensure that no additional stress is put on the patient.

My claim was declined on the grounds of a pre-existing conditioning. As explained in a letter sent to Hamilotn, and many phone calls, this condition can only be diagnosed after an MRI scan , which was conducted after purchasing your credit protection scheme. Although the loan was taken out with the condition showing signs, how can someone know that they have a brain defect when they go to the doctors asking the question "why do I have a permanent headache?".

I would not have taken out the loan and subsequent credit protection if I had known that I had a life threatening illness. This brings me back to the point of my letter, the problem of poor service. I must emphasize, that during the claim period I received no updates or information relating to the progress of the claim. I found that it was I who had to call Hamilton (once I had recovered) to see whether anything had been resolved. I also found that I had to chase up my GP for them! Fortunately for me, my other protection scheme did payout, restoring my faith to some extent. On the whole I can only express my disappointment with Hamilotn and the decision/time taken to reach it.

Have you made a claim?