Origin b2 Review

• How effective is the device?

wilsan's review of Origin b2

Origin b2

“Superbly accurate and comprehensive database. I do not...”

Written on: 25/09/2005 by wilsan (1 review written)

Accuracy and database. Far superior to Smart Nav and Road Angel. Original support team - thank goodness.

Cradle and all connectors including download lead.

General Comments
Superbly accurate and comprehensive database. I do not reccommend hard wiring as the unit (or part of) will have to be returned or replaced at some stage. This is a remarkable unit when it is new and working properly. Sadly after a few months I needed a new comms lead then sometime after a new cradle - then after 12/15 months a new head unit. More recently a fuse blew and I replaced with only one available which was rated slightly higher. My stupid mistake - flames started to shoot out of cradle at 70mph. New cradle sent and worked for one day then another worked for an hour - which leads me to believe that my little inferno must have damaged the connector to GPS unit. Origin need to re-think connection methods and warn people not to use any other fuse than the rating supplied or add additional fused circuit to cradle to make it idiot proof for users like myself. I do not use laser detector on this unit but Valentine One after receiving three points trusting Road Angels offering - their unit much better made but grossly inaccurate database.

• How effective is the device?