Saitek Cyborg 3D Force Stick Review

Howard1andonly's review of Saitek Cyborg 3D Force Stick

☆☆☆☆☆
Saitek Cyborg 3D Force Stick

“The Saitek Cyborg 3D Force Stick PC Game Controller is...”

Written on: 23/09/2005 by Howard1andonly (1 review written)

Great stick. Very strong feedback. Good feel. Accurate.

Gets very hot. It also fails - read below.

General Comments
The Saitek Cyborg 3D Force Stick PC Game Controller is a pricey item, and should be very good, which it is until it fails. After 2 years of excellent service, the stick suddenly went full right rudder, and I could not fix it in any way. I dumped and reloaded the drivers - no change. I opened the unit (everything is sealed), but nothing is adjustable.

I bought a Rumble Force (the lesser version of this stick) and plugged
it in just to see what would happen. I thought if it works, then the problem is hardware. If it does not work, then it's the software. Well, it didn't work. In fact, it behaved exactly like the first stick, therefore it's the software.

I've been looking at forums where this is discussed. It seems that
this is not limited to one model of stick, it affects them all. Makes
sense if it is the software.

Saiteks tech dept. seem helpful, and they says "it's the hardware and you're out of warranty. Bad Luck". They are also very reluctant to take it back to repair, as they say they cannot guarantee a repair.

Of course they can't if the problem is really the software.

Now, don't get scared, but my researches have uncovered something even more sinister....

This problem is not limited to one brand of joystick! The same exact thing seems to happen to Logitech joysticks as well. All of them, just like Saitek.

The mind boggles!

Please, anyone who has encountered this problem, I would like to hear from you.

• Over 1 Year

Time Controller Owned

236535_Greg233's Response to Howard1andonly's Review

Written on: 30/03/2006

I have a Logitec Wingman Extreme Digital 3d. Goes to full right rudder on European Airwar game. Throttle will not calibrate in Microsoft FS2004 . I have the latest DX 9 and still can't use it. I'm leary of buying another stick until I get some good feeback from someone.

362056_Mike Amphlett Lord's Response to Howard1andonly's Review

Written on: 25/04/2008

Had the rudder issue with a Logitech Wingman FF stick. I stripped it, cleaned dust etc from the pots and rebuilt it. Fiddly job - much yelling required. This improved matters but not to perfection. I had my PC changed because of other hardware issues (and a USB/mainboard problem) which finally solved it.
<br/>SO - was it the pots, the drivers, the hardware issue or the USB drivers. Never found out - sorry.
<br/>
<br/>Mike Amphlett-Lord

252414_Specilop's Response to Howard1andonly's Review

Written on: 24/07/2006

Do you use a windows XP? When i was installing my stick a message said it may not be safe to run this stick on an XP, thanks if you could answer.