Tevion Aldi Elite 42" Plasma TV Review

• Sound Quality

walneyfever's review of Tevion Aldi Elite 42" Plasma TV

Tevion Aldi Elite 42" Plasma TV

“Well I took the plunge, and boy I am glad I did. The

Written on: 19/09/2005 by walneyfever (1 review written)

Simply awesome for the money.

None.

General Comments
Well I took the plunge, and boy I am glad I did. The Tevion Aldi Elite 42" Plasma TV has fantastic connectivity with DVI, 2 x scart, 2 x component s video, and composite Rf etc... I have my Sky Digital connected to one scart, and my program scan DVD player to the other, and it's fantastic! I have read many people criticising this set because it is not true HD (ie it is 576 lines on PAL, and not 720 required by HD), but it is HD ready, ie it will accept a HD input and processes it down to its 576 lines. OK was a bit misleading by Aldi, at the time they sold them. Let's just say this set is ED (enhanced definition), and I have compared this to many sets owned by friends and relatives. I even had a few mates round one night who are home theatre fans, and my son and I enjoyed watching their jaws drop in amazement at my cheap Aldi set pumping out Monsters Inc. in awesome colour and definition. The speakers are not sensational, but you did not think it would all be great for £1000 did you? Just plug into your hi-fi or surround sound set up.

All in all, I am extremely impressed, and so is everyone who has seen it. It compares most favourably to a lot I have seen, and I am glad I made the choice. As the man in Comet said "you won't get a decent plasma for under 2 grand mate, and there ain't any with a 3 year warranty". I smiled and walked out... Lovely!

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

• 1 - 6 Months

Time Plasma Television Owned

Mesh1071's Response to walneyfever's Review

Written on: 26/12/2005

You are right, when it works, it really did work!
<br>In the end, after about 4 weeks, I gave up and returned my set to Aldi, and left in the back of the shop along with others waiting to be returned to the manufacturer. I bought a Panasonic, paid £300.00 more, but it does have freeview built in, but not the connectivity of the Aldi.
<br>Aldi head office did phone me eventually, offering a replacement set, but it was too late, the Panny was installed on my wall.

271980_Daren P1's Response to walneyfever's Review

Written on: 26/12/2006

I was happy with the Tevion Aldi Elite 42" Plasmer TV The warranty that you get is far better than any other shops can offer. With out you paying more for it..(currys pc world.) If you take a look at the back of your t.v You will see the manufacture sicker on the mother board and its samsung..( go and buy a sasmsung 42" t.v in any shop with the aldi warrany and see what you pay.)

234064_Malcyboy's Response to walneyfever's Review

Written on: 14/03/2006

totaly agree with all the good comments , i feel that i am one of the lucky ones to have purchased one of these plasmas , especially with 3 years warranty , fantastic value , it will be a long time before someone beats this deal