Asus A7V8X-X Review

• Ease of Set Up

latis00's review of Asus A7V8X-X

Asus A7V8X-X

“I have had the Asus A7V8X-X motherboard for 1 and a...”

Written on: 19/09/2005 by latis00 (1 review written)

It is a great motherboard with plenty of add in power.

General Comments
I have had the Asus A7V8X-X motherboard for 1 and a 1/2 years, and it never lets me down! I have read that a lot of you have had problems with the XP setup. I recommend you go into the BIOS where there is a menu that says plug and play OS, set it to yes and it will work great!!

• Ease of Set Up

• Over 1 Year

Time Motherboard Owned

235990_Terry Bennett's Response to latis00's Review

Written on: 27/03/2006

i have a a7v8x+x on my computer but it will not let me load windows xp pro from either floppy drive or cd rom drive and even the hdd which i have 2 of it is givving me an error that says ntldr missing. can anybody who reads this please tell me what is wrong?

Latis00's Response to latis00's Review

Written on: 14/12/2006

Well it's me again - I discovered that the mobo has some problems in the ide cables - you always have to put the cd in master 2 ide and master the install hd. If you have that problem I recommend that you get new ide cables - I had to get new cables. :S Anyway it still works fine and now I have over clocked my cpu to 2300 but added an extra fan as I don't have anymore money to get the cpu water cooled. It's still the best mobo that I've had but I'm planning on getting a new mobo soon. If you need any help just let me know.

Alpoehi's Response to latis00's Review

Written on: 05/05/2006

Guten Tag, sorry I don't speak english. NTLDR error is: cable not ok for FDD, HDD or CD-ROM. OR in BIOS 1st-Boot-Sequenz must be: Floppy or HDD or CD-ROM must be ad 1st.