LV= Liverpool Victoria Car Insurance - www.lv.com Review

gerald fitzgerald's review of LV= Liverpool Victoria Car Insurance - www.lv.com

“I have had fully comprehensive car insurance with...”

Written on: 19/09/2005 by gerald fitzgerald (1 review written)

Cheap Comprehensive Cover.

Not so cheap 3rd party cover ( £100 less than fully comp).

General Comments
I have had fully comprehensive car insurance with Liverpool Victoria for 2 years. Ever since I was 18. They were by far the cheapest during both years.

The 1st year was £1500 and included a 50% no claim discount, so I thought next year my renewal quote would be £750, it wasn't. My renewal quote was £1100. I phoned them and told them I was recording the call, and they assured me it was not a mistake. I implied that I was sure other companies would quote less. They stuck to their original quote. I spent a long time looking for a better quote (fully comp. only) and couldn't find one. I phoned Liverpool Victoria back and agreed to the £1100. I do feel a bit out of pocket, and that is why my overall rating is 8/10.

I found Liverpool Victoria good to deal with. They have a good/quick automated phone service, which gets you to the right department, and they always have your details on the computer. There is no messing about waiting, or being put on hold. The staff have always been polite, and they know what they're talking about. The fact that it was so easy to cancel, was what made me want to write this review.

I have just reluctantly cancelled this year. My 3rd renewal quote was £900 fully comp. STILL THE CHEAPEST I can find. However, I now care not for my car, and basic cover is ample. Liverpool Victoria does not do so well with 3rd party only cover, and they quoted £800, whereas Endsleigh quoted £500, so, that's that.

• Not Set! Not Set!