Trumark WR-2 Folding Slingshot with sights Review

Mark.'s review of Trumark WR-2 Folding Slingshot with sights

“After trying a few different slingshots I have a...”

Written on: 31/01/2003 by Mark. (1 review written)

light weight.

Sights tend to swing and hit hand after firing.

General Comments
After trying a few different slingshots I have a pretty good idea of what I like and what works well. I don't really care for the Trumark WR-2. What I didnt care for is after taking a shot the sights tend to swing back and hit your hand. Accuracy is average. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't purchase this slingshot. There are better ones out there.

88744_Tim.'s Response to 69291_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 13/04/2003

Dear Sir:
<br>
<br>I can only imagine that if Trumark's rotating sights hit you in the hand, that you must have a paw the size of Andre The Giant! Or...try holding the slingshot by the handle, and not the Fork! I've been shooting slingshots & other projectile launching devices since I was able to walk, and I've shot nearly every type and model since then, including the rotating sight model. Trumark slingshots, in my opinion, are the cadillac! Always imitated, never duplicated.

Jim Coombe's Response to 69291_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 05/04/2008

I agree that the swivelling sights are a gadget that really doesn't add anything. This feature would be worthless in the old Saunders Speed round because the rotating tube anchors/sights make rapid reloading much harder. I don't claim to be the best slingshot shooter around but I am pretty good with 40 years of experience (plus a couple national archery medals) and I find these sights not particularly useful.

Adamlazz123's Response to 69291_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 03/10/2004

Dear Mark,
<br>The Trumark WR-2 is a good sling shot. I agree that the accuracy is average and the sights spin, however I greatly improved the accuracy power and velocity by using the tapered powerbands which can be found at www.slingshots.com

Etower.'s Response to 69291_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 22/06/2003

Does anyone know of any slingshot shooting clubs in the uk particularly in the nottingham or mansfield area ?

96633_Mark.'s Response to 69291_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 10/05/2003

Tim, thanks for responding to my review. You sound like you shoot slingshots often. I can only go by what I experienced. My review is geared more towards an amateur and the first time buyer. Thats what I was. I have shot slingshots when I was younger also. Trumark well might be a great slingshot for some. But, if I had to do it over again, I would buy a Marksman Laserhawk.