Nokia 5210 Review

• Reception

• Style

rob.'s review of Nokia 5210

Nokia 5210

“I got my 5210 in April 02. I am now on my 5th. Y?...”

Written on: 30/01/2003 by rob. (1 review written)

Phone looks nice. Light. Small.

Very unreliable. Isn't as tough as it looks. Not really splash proof. Very bad programming. Short battery life. Poor reception

General Comments
I got my 5210 in April 02. I am now on my 5th. Y? because it's the most unreliable phone i've ever had! Faults i have had include, buttons not working, buttons putting a different number on the screen to that i pressed. Phone cutting out during texting. Phone losing signal until phone is switched back on. Turning itself off. Locking up. Not switching itself on at all. In addition to these faults i've had a screen crack when the phone was in my jeans pocket, and i'm a small person! The phone tends to get condensation which stops the buttons working and the phone then has to be dried out. When the phone is working signal reception is poor and the battery rarely lasts more than 2 days! The thermometer is very inaccurate and the infa red doesn't seem to work. The features on this phone are mostly useless, lets be honest who really spends time playing games on their phone and using C**P (sorry i mean WAP) surely that memory could be put to better effect incrfesing the phone book memory and txt memory.
For a phone that is designed for the outdoors this phone lacks durability, reliability and battery life, the things that are essential when outdoors!
I'm not alone in these problems and know a few peope who have had lots of new nokias! I hate to think how much money nokia are losing through poor manufacture and design.
I've been lucky because my phone has always been covered by warranty so have never had to pay for a replacement, but had it not been id have bought a different phone long ago.

• Reception

• Style

Korma_Kamelion.'s Response to 69124_rob.'s Review

Written on: 09/06/2003

This guy is totally correct, I have had 3 of them now and the one I am now "using" is also faulty so by this time next week I think I'll be on my 4th! It is THE worst phone ever and is totally useless! All it does, if indeed I can ever turn it on, is turns itself off for no reason, turns itself off again when texting, turns itself off when phoning someone. I can hardly ever get it to turn on EVER!! DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!!