Kawasaki S2 350 Review

• Build quality

• Reliability

griffs2350's review of Kawasaki S2 350

“3 cyl 2 stroke with claimed output of 45bhp. The

Written on: 12/09/2005 by griffs2350 (1 review written)

The motor between 6k and 8.5k RPM.
Chassis is much more competent than Kawasaki's of the time are supposed to be.
Rare - less of these made than any other triple.

Front drum brake.
25mpg when keeping it in power band.

General Comments
3 cyl 2 stroke with claimed output of 45bhp. The Kawasaki S2 350 produces no-where near this of course, but still has more power than any other production 350 until the LC Yamaha.

Does handle OK, doesn't get out of shape too badly in the power-band if the road is lumpy, unlike it's bigger brothers. Drum brake needs constant adjustment to keep it working averagely, fades like buggery at speed - just about acceptable around town.

Fuel consumption is terrible, add that to synthetic 2t oil and it's the most expensive ever 350 to fuel up. It's dirty, thirsty, noisey and non PC and I love it.

• 1971

Year Manufactured

• 3 years

Length of ownership

• Build quality

• Reliability

Fastninja1000's Response to griffs2350's Review

Written on: 25/08/2009

I found this review very helpful because...it confirmed a lot of memories from my high school triple days, could almost bring a tear to my eye

Wasacurlyjoe's Response to griffs2350's Review

Written on: 23/07/2010

The thought of my S2 when I was in highschool in 1975 "does" BRING A TEAR TO MY EYES. Thats why I now restore these old bikes. Then a nice day, I get to ride my bikes like its still 1975!
<br/>Time does stands still for me when I connect with the throttle. Ooooooooooooooooooooh, that sound!