Written on: 11/09/2005 by elime (1 review written)
Poor quality Flowers, promises made not followed through for wedding, poor customer service, very expensive.
1. We originally placed an order in January 2005 with Crest Florists for peony-based floral arrangements for approximately $3600 total. We changed the order several weeks prior to the wedding and were told this would not be a problem. In fact, their staff mentioned in early 2005 that non peony-based arrangements would be less expensive, due to easier availability and seasonality. To my dismay, this was not the case as the price did not change.
2. In addition, our arrangements appeared less-than-lush when compared to the showroom sample piece that was made for us. During the sampling, their staff indicated that what is showed to us was what we were receiving. On the day of the wedding, our centerpieces were quite the contrary. It appeared that the arrangements we received were quite skimpy in appearance, having less flowers and more filler than what was originally demonstrated.
3. Centerpieces and bouquets arrived in sub optimal condition, being wilted and browning, and those flowers started to wilt soon after wedding ceremony. In fact, the bouquet was browning around the roses well before vows were exchanged. As a sidenote, we have purchased flowers at Costco that lasted longer and looked fresher.
4.We were promised a free throwaway bouquet, but this never arrived. The maitre'd at the wedding place was unable to locate the throwaway bouquet. Having worked with Crest Florist on many prior occasions, the wedding coordinator was aware the delivery person did not include the free throwaway bouquet. So we ended up improvising by using a bridesmaidfs bouquet. Of course during the initial interview, they indicated, they would have someone there in case any problems arrived. Of course during the wedding day, no florist was around.
5. On several occasions, there were breakdowns in communication. Crest failed to contact us with regards to several issues, such as the aforementioned runner and written documents like contracts. We called their office repeatedly in order to receive any attention.
6. For whatever reason, Crest staff attempted to take away our centerpieces at the end of the reception. Payment was made in full prior to September 2005. The staff asked us as to why she wanted these "wilted flowers" after we chased them down. It is clear to us that this was tantamount to admitting Crest Florist provided sub optimal flowers for an indoor reception.
As rated by our community of reviewers
" A completely positive experience " Read More
Written by wodwo
" What elegance, your shop is not lack of information! This is just art. " Read More
" I bought my wedding flowers from Melanie Louise in July and they we... " Read More
Written by GaynorLouise
" Absolutely Stunning flowers " Read More
" Ordered via telephone from The Flower Garden, great price, excellen... " Read More