Asus A7V8X-X Review

• Ease of Set Up

mad mc01's review of Asus A7V8X-X

Asus A7V8X-X

“I have read the other reviews about the Asus A7V8X-X...”

Written on: 30/08/2005 by mad mc01 (1 review written)

Reliable and stable. Can run a range of AMD processors and speeds. Cheap and cheerful.

Bit of a bad colour - no offense to anyone who likes the colour!

General Comments
I have read the other reviews about the Asus A7V8X-X motherboard, and I have never had any problems with it! Maybe I was lucky? I don't know. I didn't need to update the BIOS for any reason, and I managed to get a Sempron to run on it, although it was displayed as an Athlon XP. It was pretty quick and easy to set up, everything running pretty smoothly. It took a variety of RAM, 64 to 1 Gig, Kingston, Crucial, Matrix, Corsair. I had it running Duron's, Athlon's, Athlon XP's, and Sempron's without any hitches. Had 4 IDE drives running all the time, and was able to use them all easily with no problems. Good reliable board, but I don't think a serious gamer would find all the power they wanted. All in all, I think it is a good reliable board, provided you don't have any problems that the other people seem to have!

• Ease of Set Up