Olympus MJU Mini Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

platypus's review of Olympus MJU Mini

Olympus MJU Mini

“Since I have a rather large lumbering Fuji digital...”

Written on: 24/08/2005 by platypus (4 reviews written)

Compact attractive design.
Features.
Tough weatherproof shell.
Standard rechargeable battery and charger.

Flash takes an age to load.
Slightly awkward menu.

General Comments
Since I have a rather large lumbering Fuji digital camera, I decided I needed a small good quality camera that I could slip into my pocket. The Olympus Mju Mini fitted the bill perfectly.

Firstly the metal shell is tough, but it won't shrug off damage as well as a polycarbonate shell, e.g. I dented the metal shell (which wouldn't have happened with my polycarbonate Fuji), falling into the cellar (ahem), which wouldn't have happened with my polycarbonate Fuji.

They use the term "weatherproof" which is a little ambiguous! Basically it means it will withstand rain and snow, but not immersion in water. Olympus provides a waterproof shell for it though, which might be handy.

Image quality is generally good for a camera of this size and price.

This camera has an array of settings, ranging from "fireworks" to "portrait". You shouldn't be stuck for options, no matter what you're taking a picture of, that's for sure.

The little Olympus has proved its worth in all kinds of settings, from gigs to landscapes, to abandoned buildings.

Most definitely recommended.