Sony Ericsson P800 Review

• Reception

• Style

CS.'s review of Sony Ericsson P800

Sony Ericsson P800

“I've been using the P800 for about 3 weeks now, and at...”

Written on: 22/01/2003 by CS. (1 review written)

I love the way the phone looks, speakerphone function is great, and the fact the phone has just about everything one needs.

No T9 dictionary function for easy sms, comes with limited ringtones that sound awful, handwriting recognition is quite sensitive and need to take some time getting used to, camera resolution isn't as good as the Nokia's

General Comments
I've been using the P800 for about 3 weeks now, and at first it was really quite complicated to use. You really have to read the manual carefully. The design of the phone looks good but in reality is a little on the flimsy side, especially the plectrum like writing tool they provide. It tends to go missing but fortunately they provide a few spares. Don't expect to take too many photos unless you are going to store it all in the memory stick and transfer it out later on, as the photos and audio take up a lot of space and causes memory problems. I noticed that the phone has some problems with the microphone - sometimes, people have to call twice before they can hear you speak, and you hear them perfectly fine. It could be my phone is faulty. I'm very used to using T9 function when SMSing, and if you are too, then you'll find the fact it doesn't have this function very frustrating. Hopefully, there will be a fix for this soon. Aside from all this, I have grown quite fond of my P800 and recommend it only to those who are technology enthusiast, and not for people who merely use their phones for calls and sms

• Reception

• Style

82870_Jerry.'s Response to 67252_CS.'s Review

Written on: 25/03/2003

From all other reviews and pictures I have seen comparing them, the P800 takes far better pictures than the Nokia 7650.
<br>Also, there is no longer a need for T9 as you can use the handwriting recognition (far quicker) or the pop up keyboard so it is superfluous.

83638_Per.'s Response to 67252_CS.'s Review

Written on: 27/03/2003

I have to agree with Jerry, I don't really care for the T9 function since it doesn't support slang and keeps making idiotic suggestions. So I don't miss that function at all. There are other ways to compose SMS:es which I prefer.
<br>The pictures are also better than those from made by my friends Nokia. A big plus in my book is that I haven't had any battery issues as I have with my two Nokias (6150 and 6210), I've had both Nokias on repair since they shut themselves off every now and then because the battery doesn't have as close fit to the connectors as they should.
<br>In all i like my P800 more and more....the only thing I can complain about it is the hefty pricetag, but considering all the functions you get its bearable.