Christian Dior Dolce Vita Review

• Strength of Scent

Erin D's review of Christian Dior Dolce Vita

Christian Dior Dolce Vita

“What a fantastic review from missardee! It really...”

Written on: 05/08/2005 by Erin D (73 reviews written)

Sweet, deliciously sexy, classy.

Might be too sweet, too much for some.

General Comments
What a fantastic review from missardee! It really captures the statement this scent makes.

I went into a perfume shop, on a recent trip with three girlfriends (all of whom despise perfume), and asked the Shop Assistant to spray Diorissimo on one wrist, and Dolce Vita on the other. I walked out and smelled Diorissimo--ick. Just not me. Then I smelled Dolce Vita. I love it. Sure it came out nearly ten years ago around the demise of the "Help! I'm surrounded!" scents, sure it gave a couple of my friends an immediate headache, once we were back in the car together (I blamed it completely on the Diorissimo). Sure it's a real room-filling, head-turning fragrance that enters before you and leaves long after. I still love it, and I think that's actually why I love it, though this is not a scent I would typically wear, (or praise), because I detest cloying perfumes. Somehow, though, it works for Dolce Vita. It is class, elegance, sweet sex appeal. Not for the shy or earthy gal, (and definitely not for the office)! If you want it stated loud and clear that you are, in fact, living the sweet life, but don't want to say a word, this is your fragrance.

• Over 8 hours